It’s a fact of life: humans are attracted to drama… which makes me – and...Read More
No wonder then that I clashed so much with my Samoan-people parents. While my friends were casually hanging out at each other’s houses, socializing outside of school hours, I was on relative lockdown. When I innocently suggested that I was going to get my own place as soon as I turned 18 – like all the other kids were doing – it instigated something resembling Armageddon in our house, waged mostly by my mother who insisted that I would live at home till I was married, and even then why would I want to go anywhere? …And I always had to watch what I said about my teachers in front of my dad… something I FINALLY learned after his like 4th random appearance at my school (followed by a staff member’s subsequent apology to me).
At the time I just thought it was ’sooooo unfair!’ Why did my parents have to be so weird?…Read More
Afio Mai | Welcome
One Samoana is a collection of thoughts and stories – mostly from a Hamo Geek Girl – exploring the beautiful language and culture of Samoan people.
Get One Samoana Updates
Village One Samoana
Were you once a One Samoana ‘Native’? If you were a member of the One Samoana social network (which ran from 2008 – 2012), then a you may recognize some of these Native-written blogs from a heartbeat and a lifetime ago.
- on 45+ Biblical names for boys and girls in the Samoan language A great place to find Samoan Biblical names is the Samoan Bible: https://archive…
- on FEEPO ma ATIOGIE Faalupega o Samamea Fagaloa District. Apia. Samoa. Afio mai le Aloalii ma le Ao…
- on 10 pretty-sounding Samoan names for girls…that have nice meanings too Hi, I'm probably late to this discussion thread but hopefully I can get a reply.…
- on Matai – How to become a Samoan Chief [Part 2] Actually... they never invite me to those meetings. I don't know why. :D
- on FEEPO ma ATIOGIE SULI O LAUPA TOTUGA I FALEULA. O Laupa Totuga,na usu i le afafine o Sua i Salela…