She is colourful, this lady, from her photos to her words to the imagery she paints in her lyricism. She’s one to blow up our village blog feed with her wild and prolific postings, but spend some time in her poetry and you’ll discover a woman who is overcoming loss and tragedy through the flow of her pen…one who is escaping sorrow with a lust for drama and life. May I present the intoxicating scribblings of a Rebel Flower:
1. State your name and location for the record:
HERE IN HAWAII
From: -CALI BORN N RAISED.
VILLAGES ARE SI’UMU AND SAPALI’I
Relationship Status: -I’M SEPARATED
2. How did you find One Samoana?
-I WAS SEARCHING FOR SOME SAMOANS WHO WRITE POETRY AND ARE INTO ARTISTIC EXPRESSIONS. SO IT TOOK ME HERE. AND I LOVED IT EVER SINCE.
3. What do you love about Samoan culture?
-FAAALOALO IS THE FAOUDATION OF OUR CULTURE. WITHOUT IT, WE’D NEVER BE GROUNDED WITH THE SENCE OF RESPECT AND LOVE THAT EXISTSED WITH US FOR AGES.
Favourite Samoan Song: -SAMOA MATALSI BY: THE FIVE STARS
4. Describe your perfect, indulge-yourself meal
-MMM COOL WHIP TOPPED ON VANILLA AND STRAWBERRY SHERBERT ICE CREAM. CHERRY TO TOP IT OFF WITH A BIT OF STRABERRY FUDGE.
What you had for breakfast this morning: -CHIMICHUNGA!! YAHAAAHOOO!!
Favourite beverage: -PEPSI… AAAAAAAAND NUVO.. HEHH EHH.. *blushing*
5. You have one day to use $1,000,000 or you lose it. How do you spend it?
-I’D ADOPT 8 LIL SOLE’S, ONE PRINCESS AND AN ORCA WITH A HOUSE THAT CAN HOLD A ZOO TO SAVE SOME ANIMALS FROM SUFFERING ☺
6. You’re shipwrecked on a deserted island. What survivor skills could you provide for your crew?
-A. Do not eat jellyfish. Or fish that have spikes. Or fish that have parrot like beaks. Or that puff up like balloons.
B. Beware of far-off clouds that look like mountains. Look for green. Ultimately, a foot is the only good judge of land. ☺
7. 3 things you’re most proud of in your life right now
-1. ACHIEVING MY DIPLOMA
2. ENROLLING INTO COLLAGE
3. MAINTAING ANOTHER JOB
(all in one month)
8. Final thoughts and shout outs
-FIGHT A GOOD FIGHT WITH YOUR HEART BECAUSE TRUTH IS THE ENEMY TO ONES WHO DON’T KNOW YOU. NO MATTER WHAT.
Favourite inspirational quote: – “Don’t run with scissors, don’t leave the iron on, don’t cross against the light, and don’t be afraid of a broken heart.” —Lise Funderburg, writer
Notes on Rebel Flower:
- Her faleo’o is as dark and intriguing as she is.
- Get mesmerized by the wordplay in her blog
- A few more BONUS tidbits about our resident rebel:
- Top 3 ‘press repeat’ songs on her playlist right now: -1. OOPS ~TWEET, 2. 5 ON IT ~LUNIZ 3. WHAT’S MY NAME ~RIHANNA
- Someone she thinks should never be allowed to sing / act again: – YEAH I DON’T THINK THAT CHRISTINA AUGULARA OR HOWEREVER THEY SPELL HER NAME SHOULD NEVER EVER SING AGAIN BECAUSE SHE ALWAYS SOUNDS LIKE SHE’S GARGELING..LOL
- Her favourite personal sayings: -“WEO DAMN” “THASS SO GAY” “YOU ‘AIN LYEN” “OH, FOREOZ”
- She wins the prize for most inventive profile names. Once her name was Parrish, but she is currently known as ‘Cranberry Mouth’. Nice. 🙂